Tuesday, February 14, 2012

02 14 2012 Happy Valentine's Day!

Is it Valentine’s Day?



Did I hear someone say, “Chocolate?”



I really think I heard someone mutter that wonderful nine letter word. I am fairly positive of it. If I listen really hard, I can almost, taste it!



There is nothing quite like the tantalizing taste of milk chocolate. There never has been. There never will be. It is a food group in itself, and it should be celebrated three hundred sixty seven days a year. That should give you a two day head start on next year I figure. You can eat a lot of chocolate in two days.



I have always loved the melting chocolaty taste. I have always loved the way it feels as it smooshes between my teeth, cavities and all. I do love and crave other tasty tidbits, but this melt able, mixable delight has fastened itself securely onto my taste buds, and it ain’t letting go any time soon.



Look at all the wonderful ways you can enjoy this passionate pleasure. I mean the ways are infinite, and they are coming out with new ways every day! It is just plain fantastic!



M&M’s, Hershey Bars, Nestle’s Crunch, 3 Musketeers, Rolo’s, Clark Bars, 5th Avenues, Pom Poms, Junior Mints, Sky bars, Snickers, Milky Ways, $100,000 Bars, Pay Days, Baby Ruths, Mars Bars, Whatcha-Ma-Callits, Tootsie Rolls, and the talent show winner, Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups, my personal favorite. I firmly believe that the creative inventor that graced us with this masterpiece of mouth watering marvel should be Sainted, or Knighted, or at least patted heartedly on the back. I mean he changed the world, or was it a she?



Wikipedia if you please!



I have said before that there really isn’t any crisis that couldn’t be made better with the influx of chocolate. I truly do believe it, and will go to my chocolate chip grave believing it. I mean really!



Oh ya, Milk Duds. Remember those? The old filling puller outers? If you could ever pry them off your teeth, you might be able to swallow them. Something about that chocolate, caramel combination.



Chocolate Blizzard, with Reece’s Cups anybody? How about flooding the top of it with some piping hot fudge? Are you licking your lips?  :P



I could eat one of those a day until I die, and it still wouldn’t be enough.



I guess that I am lucky that I married a girl who loves the milky stuff as much as I do. I am blessed. There were times in my life when I really didn’t crave it s I do now. I had other influences back then, and although my mind drifted hither and dither, it soon found its way back to old faithful.



I almost forgot about Little Debbie and her Cosmic Brownies! How could I do that? And then there is Suzy Q’s, and Hostess Cup Cakes, and Chocolate Éclair Pies and chocolate pudding and chocolate covered cherries, and something that I have just tried for the first time the past couple of years, chocolate covered strawberries. O! M! G! Heaven growing on a bush, and dipped in her majesty! I was resurrected when I first tasted these, so I could die and go to Heaven one more time. I mean my favorite fruit, smothered in my favorite other thing! The taste sent my brain into a delirious, hand dipped dimension that I never knew existed. All of the wonder of my imagination had come full circle, and so I had to eat it.



Oh I almost forgot about Whoppers! How stupid of me. I realize there are probably a quazillion other chocolate treats that I haven’t mentioned in here, and please feel free to post a comment and remind me of some of your favorites, either from your childhood, or as an overly ambitious adult. It’s all good. Yes, Oh yes, it’s all good.



Did I mention that it’s all good? Good!







No matter what ails ya, no matter who dissed ya, no matter how bad your day is going, you can turn it all around at the drop of a chocolate chip in your mouth. That’s all there is to it. It’s really quite simple, and for me, simple is good.



I just heard about another wonderful invention today, and I think I am going to try and convince my wife to see if she can maneuver some onto a baking rack at 350 degrees for fifteen minutes.



Are you ready for this? Are you sitting down? Are you sure?



Here goes.



Oreo’s baked into a chocolate chip cookie.



Can you imagine it? Can you taste it? Can you believe it took until 2012 for someone to think of this? Me either!



I am humbled with the creativity of some people. I just wish they would call me sooner when they think up something this incredible. The imaginations will keep on thinking up different ways of enjoying the smooth rich taste of chocolate, and I will keep going on my search and eat quest. There’s nothing like it, there’s nothing wrong with it, there’s nothing you can do to make it better than it already is. It will stand alone in my Hall of Fame tastes, and I pray to God that he has some stored upstairs, if you know what I mean? Yes, I do have every intention of heading north after all is said and done, if you please. Smile.



Please, always remember, and never forget that no matter where you go, there you are, so have some chocolate and be well.



Happy Valentine’s Day!

2 comments:

  1. You forgot Chocolate nut fudge!!!!!yummy
    U KNOW WHAT???? I am off to buy some
    chocolate after reading this!!!!
    (: Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too crazy about candy or cookies, but I love chocolate in other formats: ice cream, cake, pie, brownies, pudding, milkshakes. They're all good. I hope your Valentine's Day was enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete