Saturday, February 25, 2012

2012 02 25 I Think To Myself,

Well here I go again, writing about something. In my mind, I always ask myself what the heck am I gonna write about? I ask myself what the heck do I know about writing about stuff? I ask myself what am I doing writing about stuff anyways. What the heck am I doing?



Then I think to myself, “What a wonderful world.”



Are you smiling now?



It is a wonderful world, and there are a lot of things that I love about this wonderful world I live in. My passions come and go, but when it’s love, I know it. You know the feeling too, don’t you? When that shiver runs up and down your spine, when your face hurts from smiling, when you feel like jumping up and down, and dancing until the cows come home. There is no other feeling in the world that compares to love of something. Someone too, don’t get me wrong. Love is love, and no matter how you say it, how you spell it, how you try to explain it, it will always remain the same, and I love that.



There are so many different ways to love, so many different ways to feel it. It can come crashing down on you like a ton of bricks. It can sneak up from behind you and scare the crap out of you. It can smack you upside the head. It can take you by the hand and gently show you the way. It can, it has, and it will.



It can overwhelm you right out of the gate. It can leave you breathless, gasping for air. It can pound your heart right out of your chest. It can put a hop in your step and a sparkle in your eye. It can take you for the ride of your life, so you better sit down, strap in, and hang on, because with love, there are many twists and turns that come out of the blue and leave you speechless.



I have loved many things in my life, and some of them I didn’t even know it until it was too late, and it was gone. I have cried over love, laughed along side love, and been completely surprised over love. I have loved to do things, to see things, to feel things, to taste things, and to hear someone say, “I love you.” Well, that’s one of the best ways to have love affect you.



Now I am thinking about a grown man, quite large in stature, and huggable to no end, sitting here, and writing about love. If the guys on my old Babe? Ruth baseball team could see me now.



Please don’t tell them, ok?



I have always had an emotional side that was able to be heavily persuaded into an emotional state unlike anything I had ever felt. I usually ended up thinking I was odd for being a boy, and feeling as passionate about things as I was. Was it passion, or was it just pure love?



I love music, I love chocolate, I love steamed clams, I love the way my 12 string Fender acoustic sounds.



I love the sound when my Grandson says, “I love you Nunno.” I love my wife. I love my mom and dad. I love all my brothers and sisters, and the rest of my huge huggable family. I love sea food. I love my dogs and I almost love all of my cats. I love being able to live in the same house for almost thirty years. I love the smell and feel of freshly tilled earth. I love watching the corn stick its heads up out of the dirt two weeks after I plant it. I love taking a bite out of the first cuke of the season. I love to write.



So many things. So many people. So much to love.



I love to walk on the shore. I love to watch the sea gulls line up on the public landing in Rockland. I love to stand beside the light house at West Quoddy Head, and to walk out to Green Point. I love riding over the bridge to Campobello Island. I love to hear the laughter of children, and to hear the barking of a puppy. I love watching it’s a Wonderful Life. I love to watch the sunset across the mountains from my front lawn. I love to watch it snow. I love the smell of fresh cut grass. I love the sounds of a baseball game. I love walking in the main entrance to the Fryeburg Fair. I love walking along the huge rocks on a river bed. I love my slippers that my dad bought for me. I love the feeling when I have finished shoveling the driveway. I love walking along the shore, from Pine Point to Old Orchard Beach. I love hearing my son’s voice on the other end of a phone call.



Am I boring you, because I could go on all day long with this stuff.



I guess I will try to put a close to this post by saying that I love being able to love things. I hope that I am able to feel love this way until the day I die.



I also hope that you all have countless ways, and things to love. It really makes the spirit whole, and heals whatever ails a weary heart.



I almost forgot. I love the fact that God has put so many wonderfully incredible things on this planet to fall in love with.



And I think to myself, “What a wonderful world.”

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. Deon, I love the fact that you lost your sight so you could see. I love the fact that you lost your sight so you could learn to find your voice through the written word. I love the fact that you have made the rest of us "sightless, sleep-walking human beings" wake up so we could learn how to see, feel, taste, touch and love and be thankful for all of the amazing things in our individual lives. I love that you are a part of my world, my family, my every day life. I love you. I am so thankful for you. Thanks for another "wake up call." I hope more people are listening. PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO TO ALL U SAY PJ-MAKES ME PROUD TO BE A--DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that love is a wonderful thing. For the past six years, I've been loved by a wonderful man, and I've given the same in return. What more can I say?

    ReplyDelete